Friday, June 13, 2008

Five Tips for Developing an Unoffendable Attitude!

Five Tips for Developing an Unoffendable Attitude!

I recently told a few people that I have been working on being unoffendable. I feel comfortable sharing this because I feel like I’m getting really close!
Needless to say, the most common response I'm getting is a funny look. Now, I’m pretty good at reading people, but in this case, I’m not quite sure what these funny looks mean… "What?!!!""I think he’s gone over the top with this one!""
You mean never… for the rest of your life?""Yeah right!""Is that even a word... it's not even in the dictionary!""Do we need to get you some medical attention?"Pretty funny huh!When you start to really think about it... you might say… you know what… I want to work on that… I want to build myself up to be unoffendable!
Let’s do it… here are five tips for developing an unoffendable attitude!
1. Build your self-confidence. It is the most important factor.
2. Your happiness does not depend on other people.
3. Understand that your state of mind is your state of mind
4. At some point you are going to have to get over it. How about right now!
5. Claim it as true, "I don’t get offended."Best Practice: When somebody asks you, "Did that offend you?" or "Wasn’t that offensive?" you can respond with… "I’m not sure… I’ve reached a point in my life where I don’t get offended.""Each day… I pray for wisdom… to see things for what they truly are… to be able to communicate my ideas clearly… in way that everyone can relate and understand the message… so that people may move forward in a positive direction… and achieve great success!" -
Doyle Slayton

No comments: